IT Security governance is the system by which an organization directs and controls IT security (adapted from ISO 38500) Although security governance and security management sound similar, they should not be confused. IT security management is concerned with making decisions to mitigate the risk. Whereas governance determines who is authorized to make decisions. Governance specifies the accountability framework and provides oversight to ensure that the risk is adequately mitigated, while management ensures that the controls are implemented to mitigate the risk. Management recommends security strategies when the governance ensures that security strategies are aligned with business objectives and consistent with regulations.
Effective security governance means having the right roles and responsibilities clearly defined at all levels of the organization to prevent, detect and react properly to cyber incidents.
How we can help?
Louis and Associates provides an information Security Governance assessment analysis to identify if there are any weak points in your organization and where you could enhance your current capabilities. Our Security Governance service can deliver an organization-specific framework that gives assurance that security aligns with organizational security strategies and supports business objectives.
What’s on your mind?
- Do you want to ensure that your security governance structure is compliant and following the good practices and to determine properly your cyber defensible position?
- Are you looking for assurance that the security of your organization doesn’t fall between departments and duties?
- Are you looking for an advisor who can provide a structured and in order approach?
Benefits to your organization:
Louis and Associates Security Governance service can help you to gain a comprehensive picture of how robust and structured for cyber security is your company.
- review your current Security Governance profile,
- review your current security policies and standards,
- identify any current gaps in the Security Governance of assets,
- define the governance structure appropriate to your organization,
- define the roles and responsibilities of the key stakeholders in the governance process,
- define Security Governance policies and processes,
- design Security Governance metrics so you can measure the effectiveness in the implementation of the needed security policies and processes,
- identify how well your third parties and suppliers are structured to meet your needs, and
- test in real time how well your security governance structure would function during a cyber security incident.